Monday, August 9, 2010

New Left Foot

I'm beginning to think I need a new left foot. Last summer my left foot started hurting a lot. As most of you know, I exercise and workout frequently. At the time I was doing a lot of jogging on the treadmill. Back then I would go through phases where I got hooked on doing one specific cardio workout. (Now I mix it up and do different things almost every day.)

Anyway, turns out I had a stress fracture in my foot. I had to wear a boot on my leg for 4 weeks and this other shoe thing for another 2 weeks. During those 6 weeks I realized how much I missed working out and exercising. I also realized that I have to take better care of my body and not put too much stress on it. It was a slow process, but I finally got back to working out again. All was well....or so I thought.

During this past Christmas break while I was home from school my foot started hurting again. I immediately thought that I had fractured it again. I went back to the doctor. This time I told him about my scoliosis and how I have one leg longer than the other (yes I know it's weird lol). So he thought that since my right leg was longer I was putting more stress on my left foot on impact. I was fitted for inserts for my tennis shoes to even things out. This seemed to help and I haven't had any problems....until now.

I have been working this summer on an average of 4 days a week (sometimes 5, but very rarely). Last week my foot started hurting again, and it's been pretty bad the past couple of days. I tried working out this morning and didn't get too far. It was just hurting too much. I'm going to give my foot a couple of days of rest and see if it gets any better. It isn't really swollen or anything, so hopefully that's a good sign.

I'm just frustrated and tired of this happening over and over again. I'm hoping and praying that maybe I've just over done it and it needs a few days off. I start my new job next Wednesday, so I want to be pain free and ready to go by then. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I can't believe this is happening again... I really think you are right though, I think your foot just needs rest. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete