Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I have an addiction.....to oatmeal. I'm obsessed and have been trying to find new ways to use oats. I came across this recipe in http://carrotsncake.com/ and knew that I had to try it. I love sweet potatoes and oats so I knew it had to be a winning combination.
This is a quick and easy recipe, and it made it even quicker because I just so happened to have a sweet potato in the fridge that I had baked a couple of nights ago but ended up not eating.

These are super healthy and not overly sweet, which I like. Plus you're getting your veggies in a cookie!

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup mashed sweet potato

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl, blend well.
3. Spray a baking sheet non-stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper.
4. Use tablespoon to portion cookie on baking sheet. Flatten cookie with back of spoon.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes
6. Eat and enjoy!

Makes 24





I love the texture of these cookies. The exterior is a little crunchy while the inside is nice and chewy.

Enjoy!

1 comment: