Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm ENGAGED!!

So this past weekend was the best 4th of July weekend of my life. I got engaged to my best friend. On Saturday Brandon and I went down to Orange Beach for a good date night, which we hadn't had in a long time. We had a great dinner at Cosmo's (which I recommend). After diner we went to The Wharf to walk around and then went down to the beach at sunset for a nice little walk.



At the end of our walk we stopped up by the sand dunes where no one was around. Brandon said that he had another present for me from his recent trip to Costa Rica. He reached into his pocket and gave me this puzzle box that you had to take apart. He said to open it, which I did, and the ring was in there. I was shocked, speechless, and so excited. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I know I sounded like a blubbering idiot, but I didn't care. He got down on one knee in the sand and asked me to marry him. Obviously I said YES!! We celebrated with some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. We both love ice cream.
We are super excited and couldn't be any happier.

Here's my ring...





Isn't it beautiful?

On Sunday we spent the first half of the day calling family and letting them all know the good news. We all went out to Moe's Original BBQ for lunch. It's a local BBQ place down here, and really good. That night my parents, Brandon, and I went down to Fairhope to watch the fireworks.

Here's my wonderful FIANCE (I love saying that hehe) waiting on the fireworks.



It was overall an amazing weekend and one that I will never forget. Brandon left to go back home today :( but he'll be back soon and until then I have plenty to do. The wedding planning has already begun and I'm still on the job hunt.

I'm going to get back to blogging more! Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! :)

2 comments: