Monday, June 28, 2010

I caved in....


So I'm sure some of you are wondering why I have a picture of Almond Butter posted above. I have been wanting to buy some almond butter for a while, but it's so much more expensive than peanut butter. Today after my workout I stopped by Publix to get a few things (kiwi, mangoes, protein bar, and gum). I went down the isle and saw the almond butter and decided to splurge on something for once.

This type of almond butter is all natural and great for you. There are so many ways you can use it. You can make almond butter oatmeal cookies, use it as a dip for fruit, put it on top of oatmeal....the uses are endless.

Tonight I came up with my own little idea of how to use it. This might sound like a weird combination, but it turned out to be quite tasty.
1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 spoonful almond butter
3 strawberries, sliced
1 packet of splenda
cinnamon to taste
It was so good! I would have taken a picture but I was so ready to try it that I forgot.

After eating that I made my first attempt of preparing "overnight oats". I'll let you guys know how that turned out tomorrow.

Time for bed! :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to cook for me!! ;) Did you really go to bed at 8pm? If so I am totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..no I didn't type that until like 10 last night. I think I have the time set wrong on this...lol.

    ReplyDelete